With the advent of new technology, a high percentage of the UAE population is rapidly migrating from the typical tradition shopping means to online platforms. As more and more businesses pop up by the day on this online pool, companies need to, therefore, be very creative in designing their Ecommerce SEO strategies. Unlike typical SEO campaigns, Ecommerce SEO provides leeway to purchase and not just research or informational value. For this reason, there is a dire need to get a more in-depth understanding of this field before designing Ecommerce SEO in Dubai.
Below, we have provided essential and complete guidelines for effective Ecommerce SEO in Dubai. Read on to get some insights that might take your business to the next level.
Keyword Research for Ecommerce SEO in Dubai
As it’s recommendable for any effective SEO engagement, Ecommerce SEO equally ought to begin at Keyword research. It’s a vital stage which should be gotten right from the very beginning; otherwise, the whole strategy fails. This stage sees to it that the target keywords are easily ranked for, contain logical search volume and highly convertible. Buyer intent needs to be majorly taken into consideration on top of maintaining the mentioned requisite of ideal target keywords.
Understanding your target audience and how it searches for products and services online aid in coming up with better keywords and not restrict oneself to branded keywords. For SEO purposes, such branded keywords don’t correctly capture the buyer intent.
Ecommerce SEO in Dubai calls for expansive keywords through some of the following pointers;
Site Search Query Data Pull Out
Users can broadly fall into searchers and browsers. Browsers are more of typical window shoppers in the physical context of commerce and are not very confident of what they are looking for. They will, therefore, peruse several sections of your site and end up not buying. Searchers, on the other hand, have clear intent to purchase and are mostly looking for a particular product or category thereof. Regardless, once a user lands on your Ecommerce site, there’s an urge to browse just a little bit more. As a result, the site search option will provide insightful clues on the words clients are using to look up products.
Use Other Sites and Marketplaces
The trick to an impressive SEO for Ecommerce is branching out. Consider the vital possibility that, other than your search site, there are other places you can extract essential pointers on how clients search for products. Employ this on a cross-section of websites which sell your product. It gives an insight into possible keyword variations as used by customers to query for a potential purchase.
Analyze Competitor Ecommerce SEO Activity and Strategy
You don’t have to spend valuable time reading through your competitor pages to get some variation insights on how your Ecommerce SEO in Dubai should be. Make use of Google’s Keyword Planner. It helps populate various keywords from the competition.
Ecommerce SEO Should Take into Account User Intent in Addition to Commercial Intent
Note that every time a user queries Google, the user is out for answers but depends on what motivates them. This may be but not limited to; learning a new thing, buying a product, to feed curiosity, to go someplace or do something. User intent inclusion is vital for your Ecommerce SEO in Dubai as it aids discover additional content that may push up organic traffic to your site.
Account for Seasonal Purchases
When coming up with targeted keywords for your Ecommerce SEO, don’t over-rely just on the recent search volumes. Instead, extract trends in terms of dates and seasons. Take into consideration the possibility of products and services being temporal as per seasons. This is because a search may be dwindling in volume in recent times but will shoot up upon realization of certain seasonal events like holidays and summer. An excellent Ecommerce SEO strategy ensures that we get an overall events calendar to prevent the discarding of low volume keywords which will otherwise be vital in some season.
Utilize Shopping Feeds to Come Up with Ideas
As long as you have Google Shopping Feeds operational, you have a very insightful range of data awaiting harvesting. It aids generate correlated search queries for your Ecommerce SEO in Dubai and their search volumes.
It is important to note that, for an excellent and effective Ecommerce SEO campaign, Keywords research needs to be reviewed on regular intervals. This adds so much value as it sights new opportunities to come up with and maximizes content capable of giving rise to increased organic search traffic.
So subscribe to some shopping feeds, you never know where your next source of inspiration might come from. Plus, the insights that you get might boost your businesses in more ways than you can imagine.
Ecommerce SEO in Dubai Site Design and Structure
Having explored the guidelines for target keywords widely, you can now implement the outcomes and findings. This is the implementation stage of the information gathered in the first step of the Ecommerce SEO guideline. This stage takes into account the way around the Ecommerce site, category and product pages. It, therefore, primarily answers the pertinent question of how to get the most relevant and vital site user information with the minimum navigation possible.
Recommended essential indicators of an excellent Ecommerce SEO in Dubai structure include; simplicity and scalability, employability of keywords research to come up with unique URLs and maintain less than three clicks golden rule to access a page from another.
Advantages of a Good Ecommerce SEO in Dubai Architecture
- Speed: Ecommerce SEO in Dubai sites having clear design utilize less code. This means that fewer requests are submitted to the server hence quick loading.
- Site Links: They appear on SERPs upon a user searching on Google for your company name and in the Ecommerce SEO context, display the main categories. Site links make branding appealing in addition to motivating more clicks to the site’s pages. It’s therefore advantageous to execute a good site structure. After all, it helps Google select the strategic pages to display site links in addition to titles and description.
- Conversions: It’s an open secret that the primary objective of any Ecommerce SEO space is to maximize sales by directing traffic to the site. Hence, a well-designed site is a prerequisite of higher conversions.
Guidelines for Creating Ecommerce SEO Architecture
- Step 1: Generate a hierarchical design constituting at most 3 levels
For your Ecommerce SEO, taking into account the findings on the Keywords research helps determine how your levels look like.
- Step 2: Aim to design a simple site menu structure
The menus on your site should be kept simple for navigation and importantly utilize side menus.
- Step 3: Design distinct menus for mobile and desktop platforms
Uniqueness and great SEO go hand in hand. Aim not to replicate desktop menu platform in its entirety to the mobile platform. Mobile has limited space available, and as such, may necessitate groupings of menus to give leeway for the very important menus.
- Step 4: Optimization of URL Structure
This is very handy as it determines how the search engines and users navigate. The URLs ought to be as short as they could be, use dashes and not underscores to separate keywords, get rid of unnecessary inclusions, add attributes to the products in URLS and preference to lower case to get rid of spaces. It’s recommended to use URLs HTTPS to secure websites. It improves the trust of users and aids in ranking.
- Step 5: Include Breadcrumb Menu to your pages
Constitutes a series of internal links to aid users to navigate with minimal hassle back to the home page or previous section. It’s crucial, especially when looking up a specific product and when switching between categories and products.
On-Page Ecommerce SEO in Dubai Sites
This stage ensures Keywords are distributed in recommendable design and manner to enable search engines to extract the subject matter of the page. A well-orchestrated Ecommerce SEO strategy helps web pages rank higher in search engines.
There are three critical On-Page strategies you can implement for your Ecommerce site. The first is the On-Page SEO for blogs which is the most common. The second is the On-Page Ecommerce SEO for category pages. Here, if a user finds your category pages, he gets instant access to all products in that particular category hence counted as the most crucial of pages. Lastly, there’s the On-Page Ecommerce SEO for Product pages where we won’t need banner images as they will be substituted with product images.
Let’s have a glance at some On-Page tips for Ecommerce;
- Search Intent – Get in the game and know what users are looking for. Conclusively, it is category and product pages.
- See to it that pages open fast – Excellent Ecommerce SEO can be achieved by reducing image sizes and cutting off unproductive HTML.
- Placement of target keywords – Keywords for your Ecommerce SEO should be intelligently appearing in the title, Meta description, and H1 tags.
- Employ short descriptive URLs – A user should know what to expect from a page by the design of the URL.
- Utilize descriptive alt tags for Images – In the case your images fail to display, or a user is making use of a screen reader, alt tags will show text on the screen.
- Simple and Readable Content – Effective Ecommerce SEO thrives on simplicity. Shy away from using long sentences and paragraph, Keep them simple. Avoid complicated wording if you can use simple words. Keep the On-Page informal.
Technical SEO for Ecommerce Sites in Dubai
In general, Ecommerce SEO in Dubai has a few technical components including site speeds, user usability, and mobile supported and functional links. The technical aspect, therefore, requires a thorough Ecommerce SEO audit. Some of the tools used in achieving this objective include Ahrefs, SERP simulator, Google Analytics, and Search Console.
Ahrefs is a crucial tool for Ecommerce SEO in Dubai. It makes it possible to depict the search volume of targeted keywords in broadly 170 countries. To guarantee useful results for the technical audit, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that only one version of the site is capable of browsing and that Search Engines can locate your website.
- Commence a website crawl. This is very vital as it exposes valuable insights as duplicated content, omitted alt text/metadata and incomplete/broken links.
- Examine your site responsiveness and speed. Your Ecommerce SEO is only as good as the site itself. Monitor the effectiveness of your website through Page Speed Insights tests and mobile-friendly tests to give assurances of workability of pages on all devices.
- Strategically place target keywords in crucial elements of the webpage enhanced by title tags, Meta descriptions, H1 tags, main content body, H2 & H3, and Alt attribute.
- Ensure unique Content. Your Ecommerce site should be able to stand out from the rest. See to it that your content is free of grammar and spelling errors, insightful and different from the competition and let your content satisfy the intent of users.
- Call to Action Emphasis – Ecommerce SEO aims at conversions and not just browsing. Enhance this by keeping the CTA easily accessible and visible and mobile friendly; utilize In-Page Analytics in Google Analytics to ensure buttons are correctly placed for maximized visibility; Utilize actionable terms to aid gauge what your customers aim for; Find a way to install a sense of urgency to compel action and don’t forget clear testimonials.
With many business owners adopting online platforms, with Ecommerce sites being the preferred option, SEO becomes very vital for getting those leads that will turn into sales. Getting healthy traffic to your Ecommerce site can be tough. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Sometimes, all we need is a little help to increase our click-through rates, boost organic traffic, and target the right customers. With this guideline for effective Ecommerce SEO in Dubai, you’ll do just that.
What is your experience with implementing SEO strategies for your Ecommerce site? We’d like to hear from you, please comment below.