There’s no innovation without experimentation. In today’s competitive online world, we need to be constantly innovative to stay ahead of the competition. Ensuring that your website is optimally functioning is extremely important. We need to test and re-test website pages and elements to obtain high yielding landing pages.
A/B Testing is a useful experimentation process of testing two variations of a web page (usually the main landing page and a variant), simultaneously. A similar set of visitors see the two versions of the web page for the same period, and the one that results in a higher conversion rate emerges the winner!
What can you A/B Test?
You can A/B test any element on your website that can affect your visitors’ site experience.
Benefits of A/B Testing
A/B Testing step-by-step process
1. Before you run any A/B tests, you need to ensure that your website is well optimized for search engines and you have enough traffic to your website and landing pages to run A/B tests.
2. Analyze your analytics data to identify key areas and landing pages that need attention.
3. Identify your goals and what you want to achieve.
4. Observe how users interact with your website, especially the areas that need attention by using user behavioral tools like Heatmaps, users browsing session videos, form analysis, and on-page surveys to identify the reason, visitors are not converting.
5. Based on the insights, brainstorm ideas and construct a hypothesis aimed at increasing conversions.
6. Using A/B testing, test your original landing page against the new version created.
7. Analyze your results. If your new version is a winner – great! Else use the experiment as a learning experience and create a new hypothesis.
8. Make positive and progressive changes to your website.
A/B Testing and SEO
While Google supports and encourages A/B testing, you must ensure that you do not abuse A/B testing to manipulate your search engine rankings. Below are some best practises to ensure you are always in Google’s good books.
6 Design Tips to Improve Your Landing Page
5 Landing Page Elements to Ensure Online Conversion
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Superheroes apply here!
We'll get back to you within 48 hours.