Can you imagine living without your mobile phone today? Nor can we. This growing dependence to seek any kind of answer on your mobile is what has lead to the explosion of local search.
But what is local search or SEO?
It is any search aimed at finding something within a specific geographic area. For example, “best SEO agencies in Downtown Dubai”. To keep up with our phone savvy population, Google is placing an increasing emphasis on local search due to this predominance of mobile search. So now would be a great time to develop your local optimization strategies.
Here are our 5 hot tips to help get your local SEO in Dubai right:
- Remember your On-page Geotagging
- Remember to optimize your Google My Business Page
Geotagging is the process of attaching GPS coordinates or geographical metadata to media such as posts, videos and images. It can help users find a range of location-specific information from a single device. This data allows Google to make an association between that piece of media and specific location. This is a great way for local businesses to optimize their content for local searches, increasing relevancy in the eyes of the user and helping to drive local traffic to your site.
Your Google My Business Page is the foundation of your local ranking strategy, so be sure to treat it as an extension of your website. The Google My Business is an interface designed by Google that connects you directly with customers. Whether they’re looking for you on Search, Maps or Google+, a fully completed profile and regular maintenance gives your local search profile a definitive boost. Here are a few key points to focus on to ensure you make the most of your page:
- Select the correct category for your business
- Add a business address
- Add a local business phone number
- Add your opening times/days
- Add a unique business description that includes links
- Utilize real reviews from customers
- Upload relevant, high quality photos
Being proactive about your social media presence is an easy way to become more visible in local search. And try to venture out into new platforms, a successful local SEO strategy may dictate that you need to extend your reach and try new avenues such as Snap. Snap has an on-demand geo filter function which is ideal for any local business or organization wanting to attract attention to something like a local event.
The technical side of optimization is arguably one of the most challenging and crucial aspects to look into:
- Make sure that your full address including zip code and phone number appears on the contact page of your site. You can also embed a Google map to make it easy for users to find you.
- Be sure that your name, address and phone number (NAP) is consistent across each page of your site, on your social media channels and other local business listings such as Zomato
- Use citations for every physical location you own
Consumer reviews are far more trusted than descriptions that come from manufacturers, so having positive reviews online helps to build credibility and trust. In order to be competitive locally, it’s essential that you gather business reviews as often as possible. You can also create a place for testimonials on your site to complement the reviews on third party services such as TripAdvisor or Zomato.